Sunday 25 August 2013

The Final Weekend at Home...

Good afternoon :)

Well, today is my final Sunday in the UK for several months.  It was a chance to see some members of my family before I go - cannot fault a lovely British Sunday lunch with some relatives!

Tomorrow is the bank holiday Monday, so it'll be prudent to use the time to get packing bits and pieces and get my documents together. The big red folder sat on my desk might be helpful for that.

Well, I had to make a start at some point you know...


 
Think the nerves are beginning to creep in a little bit at the same time, though I think the overriding emotion is 'let's just go now!'  I've got one more day at work on Tuesday and then two days of packing before leaving early on Friday morning - that basically covers the next week.  From there, I will be staying for a night in Riems before moving on to the Isere area.

In other news for you all: I have been invited to write a piece for the Grenoble Life blog.  The site is one of the premier places for information for English-speakers in the Grenoble area.  I submitted my first piece and hopefully I will be able to continue writing for them in the future!

I shall do another mailbag before I make my way across to France - get your questions in!  I'll probably do an update on packing and other pieces before one last post the night before.

All the best to you all :)

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking an interest, feel free to drop us a comment or question :)