Monday 5 August 2013

IUT2 Université Pierre Mendes, France

Grenoble it is then!

Starting in September I'll be off to Grenoble to study for a DUT qualification in International Economics - to say I'm excited is probably an understatement!

Grenoble is a city nestled in the foothills of the French Alps, in the Isère region. The city is practically built around the University there. The Uni itself is a big sprawling expanse that educates nearly 30,000 students and is considered one of the top places in France (so I'm told!)
There are many colleges as part of the Uni, and I'll be at IUT2, their management college.

While I'm there, I'll be staying in Student Accommodation (the challenges of finding the stereotypical ERASMUS house proved impossible from the start!) - my allocated one being Arsonval, literally two minutes from the management building. Talk about practical living...

As I've mentioned, I'm going as part of the Erasmus scheme, the Europe-wide mobility programme for students. It's something I always wanted to do and was one of the reasons I picked Lincoln in the first place!

I'll keep you updated with more details over the coming days about what I'm doing and how I'm going about my business :)

Mike :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking an interest, feel free to drop us a comment or question :)