Monday 2 September 2013

Moving in tomorrow!

Well this isn't too bad, isn't it?

Tomorrow I head off to Grenoble and to move in and get to know people - should be very exciting!

Over the last few days I've mainly spent my time with my family in the surrounding Isere region, taking in the countryside and brushing up on my French skills.  I've had a really nice time and managed to get some nice photos of the area too.  Thankfully I've been able to get some practice in when it comes to my language skills - it's been nice to try and converse with people (even if they realise I'm English and start speaking my native language as a result...)

I dropped into Grenoble today for a look around - the town looks very nice and the centre is very picturesque!  Rather hot too, though I guess that'll fade quickly.  Probably just as well that I've packed the shorts and T shirts for the remainder of the summer then - something slightly thicker for the winter months.

Quite a lot to think about when I get there - unpacking, finding out what is included and what isn't, how to get the Internet connection sorted, how to get my Moneo money card arranged for meals in the local restaurants... you name it really!  Hopefully there'll be a chance to meet some people who live there near me.
Arsonval has only around 50 rooms or so so I haven't been able to find anybody who lives in the same block.  (Fortunately I guess that means there won't be much of a fight for parking spaces outside!)

I should be about mid-morning/early afternoon, definitely looking forward to meeting everyone!

See you all tomorrow!

Mike :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking an interest, feel free to drop us a comment or question :)